Saw it. Pinned it. Did it! Ring Holder Frame

Thursday, November 29, 2012






It's time for another pin, another project to take on. I have been wanting to do this for a little while and since today was my day off with no errands to do..it was the perfect time!

This is the pin that started it all...





I knew I wanted to have one of these to hold my engagement ring when doing dishes, cleaning, etc. Right now I tend to put it on the TV stand out of harms way but still not ideal.

What you need
-A Frame of any sort
-Cork Board
-Fabric or Glitter
-Small metal post
-Glue

 I was trying to figure out if I had any frames I could use...what fabric I would use..etc.,etc.

Well, then I saw this little picture frame.


Such a cute little picture frame I got as a favor from a friend's bridal shower in May. But it's been sitting empty for 7 months now without me getting a small picture for it. And why let a gorgeous frame go to waste? Hence my great idea.

The supplies I used were as follows....





So my game plan was....slide the cork in through the picture frame then add fabric. Upon further investigation I realized the frame con caved in the middle so I would need to bulk up the cork in that spot to make it sit right.



As you can see that took a little damage. It was a thicker cork than what should have fit..so some snapped on the way down. Thank goodness I had the old clarinet sitting around with the cork grease to ease it in.

Then came the precise heart to sit on top.




Not too shabby. Now next, I opted out of using fabric and wanted to jazz it up a little bit. I decided on using gold glitter as the background. Slapped on some tacky glue, dribbled some glitter and bam. Glitterfied!

For the rod to sit the ring on, I utilized an earring post that was barely keeping the silver ball on. Ripped that baby off and slid into the cork and wala! A ring frame!





So how did I do??



Take the challenge and see what you can do through Pinterest :)






2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the glitter and your ring is so pretty too! Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan