5 Years From Now:Blogging for a Purpose

Tuesday, July 2, 2013


This is my first week joining in for the 52 Weeks of Blogging From Mrs. to Mama and I absolutely love this week. I love looking at my life in the future and having dreams. Because if we don't have dreams, what do we have?



You will notice I use, "I want.." I have learned through my 26 years, that life throws you some pretty serious curve balls. Some you do not expect or plan for. So this is what I want for my life in 5 years. Maybe stick around and see where it takes me the next 5 years!


I want to be a better wife. I am kinda new at this game. Heyy 1 month anniversary! So I obviously have A LOT to learn including getting a better grip on this whole cleaning thing. More about that to come. But I will be a better wife because you can only get better right? And everyone is always learning.

I want to still have date nights with my husband. Right now, going out on dates, just the two of us, is one of the things I enjoy the most. We go to dinner and the movies and I love that we just have a good time no matter what we are doing. I still want to be doing this in 5 years,albeit kid, kids or no kids. 

I want to have our house, our home. With a yard, rooms and multiple bathrooms. A place we worked hard for, without any help and we can stand back and say, yea, we did it. This will be the place I want all my Pinterest dreams to come true. A place where we can start our family.



I want to have a baby
..babies maybe! We are no where near ready at this moment in our life. We love our freedom and did I mention we live in a teeny apartment that barely fits us and our kitty, Lily? No room at this house. We also love sleeping and one of us just might be the tiniest bit cranky when she doesn't get her at least 5 hours of sleep. So it will definitely be around the 3 year mark so maybe by 5 years, there might be another appearance!

I want our debt paid. Obviously, not all of it. Thanks for reminding me student loans that I will be around 45 when that happens. But I want our credit cards, car and AT LEAST 3 of my student loans paid off. Thankfully, we have a good balance of debt right now. I have student loans, Brian does not. Brian has a car payment, I do not. We are being proactive right now setting up budgets and savings to help us get to these goals.



I want another kitty. Brian protests. But the cat lady in me desires at least one more for my baby, Lily, to baby herself. I know she will absolutely love the kitty, no matter what anyone says.

I want to say I'm a 5k runner. Like on the regular. Even after the babies. I was a runner back in my day and I must say, I was pretty fast. I lost it through my years of college and especially trying to avoid the newlywed 15, I am trying to get back into a running schedule. It would definitely keep me in shape to be that MILF I hope to be.

I want us to still be as happy and healthy as we are today, as newlyweds. In love and learning just what marriage is. 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your hopes and dreams for your future?



Also, linking up for #WildcardWednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan